I'm so excited to announce that Wildflower Records releases "Into The New: Alternates, Leftovers & Orphans", an 8 song mostly acoustic EP of old songs and a few unreleased. I'm so excited about this release as many of these tracks are much loved "b sides" from The Killer In Me sessions. Plus, the cover art is a painting by my very talented beloved 10 year old niece Alexine Payne Platz (getting her artistic talent from her super fabulously talented artist father and her super fabulously talented businesswoman--oh yeah, she drove a hard bargain--mother, my sister).
Here's what's on the CD.
1.' The Killer In Me'. A completely acoustic version of the title track of my 2009 release. I play acoustic and sing, there's upright bass and fiddle. I love this version. Its stark and dark and I think illuminates the song in a new way
2. 'Into The New'. A song I wrote a few years back inspired by a story by my niece's cousin Madeleine Ides, who told me when she was 5 years old that she "once was a blue dog". I couldn't find a good 'home' for this song on a full album. I'm thrilled that it found its way as the title to its own. I want to dedicate this song to all the people, young and old, who continue to share their stories with me that inspire me to write.
3. 'After The Flood'. A song I wrote after Hurricane Katrina that was recorded for but chopped from the final lineup for "Killer".
4. 'I Met My Love'. We set up a mic in the center of the room at the Fidelitorium and invited our good friends Ted Lyons and Sally Spring to come join The Tearjerks. This is the pseudo newgrass version of this song, which on the album is a very drunken Faces-like rocker. You'll hear producer James Mastro who was behind the controls in a different room while we were recording this (oh, yeah, this was one take) run into the big room with his harmonica and take a solo. He was too pumped up to be left out of the action!
5. 'Before The Leaves'. This is a song I wrote a while ago. I think it was the sketch song for "Haven't Learned A Thing" the hope before the fall...
6. 'Piece By Piece'. This is the demo of this song. James, Jagoda and I holed up in The Pigeon Club, Hoboken, NJ one snowy day in January 2006 and recorded demo's for my new songs, and mapped out the framework which would eventually be "The Killer in Me"
7. 'Weight of the World'. The band version. Which didn't make the record. But was recorded for our video.
If you want to order your copy, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll give you instructions on how and where to send payments.